Ah, yes. The third trimester. A time of aches and pains as your midsection grows. A time of excitement and nervousness, as you think of the new baby you'll soon have in your arms. Essentials vary, but these...are some of mine.
1. Friends and family. Seriously. Having a toddler? It is AMAZING when a family member offers to take Ethan for a little bit to get some time to just sit and do...well...nothing. Don't get me wrong, most days, he's a complete and total joy, but sometimes I just want to rest without feeling guilty for putting Mickey Mouse Club House on again. Down time is so important, but so hard with a toddler. Friends and family are great for good laughs to take your mind off of things, and for lots else...but...in this instance, I'm talking about the down time. Thanks, friends and family.
2. Bobby pins. I love them, even when I'm not in my third trimester...or pregnant at all. But I find myself not having interest in standing and blowdrying my hair...or straightening it...or anything, really. So, on those frequent days, letting my natural wave be what it is, but pinning back some of the craziness in the front is a nice, easy fix.
3. Pinterest. Come on. Pinterest is always essential, but Pinterest is my go-to essential when third trimester insomnia happens. Which is often. When I'm laying in bed at night, and I just can't sleep...I pin. And in some cases, the next day, this means I'm heading to the store because I saw a recipe for delicious cupcakes I have to have, or something equally as ridiculous. Us pregnant ladies and our cravings. Mine are worse this trimester. Lifesavers Pep-O-Mints, say what?! Crunch, crunch. But oh, yeah...Pinterest. Essential when you just can't sleep, no matter how tired your body is.
4. Avon's Moisture Therapy Calming Relief Body Lotion. The smell of cocoa butter is not something I enjoy, but my oh my, is my skin dry. This is what I use. It does not fix all of my problems and make the itchies go away...but at least I can tolerate the smell.
6. A cute notebook. I'm a list maker. I can be OCD about a lot of things in life. I'm a planner. I like to write. But I find myself writing things down more and more lately. We'll blame pregnancy brain. So, get yourself a cute note, and scribble away, girlfriend. You only have a few weeks left to use that excuse.